Irkutsk State Medical University
Irkutsk State University was founded in October 1918 in Irkutsk, Siberia. They date back to the 18th-19th centuries. Senior students of all the faculties have specialized courses and internship in laboratories and scientific research institutions of ISU and Siberian Branch of the Russian Academy of Sciences.The University faculties and institutions are located in 9 educational buildings in Irkutsk and in Bratsk. The majority of these buildings are of great historical and architectural value.
Russian scientists, statesmen, patrons of art and science, such as N.M. Yadrintsev, A.P. Shchapov, P.A. Slovtsov, S.S. Shchukin, G.N. Potanin and many others were founders of Irkutsk State University. The University was opened on October 27, 1918. It became the major educational, scientific and cultural center on the vast territory of Eastern Siberia and Far East region. During the 1930s, the University continued to grow and develop and soon in Irkutsk the first higher educational institutions emerged from it.
Faculties of University
- International Institute of Economics and Linguistics.
- Institute of Mathematics, Economics and Computer Science.
- Institute of Social Science.
- Pedagogical Institute.
- Law Institute.
- Baikal International Business School.
- Faculty of Biology and Soil Studies.
- Faculty of Business and Management.
- Faculty of Chemistry.
- Faculty of Geology
Faculty of Geography
Faculty of History.
Faculty of Psychology.
Faculty of Physics.
The university is located in the city of Irkutsk, Irkutsk Oblast.
If you are planning to do bachelors in medicine in Russian medical college, the major eligibility criteria are that you must have obtained 50% average marks in physics, chemistry, and biology in your secondary education with English as a medium of study. For masters, you should have pursued a bachelor’s degree in medicine from a reputed university and the Russian university will offer you a seat based on your previous academic performances.
Highlights of university
- There are exclusive lecture halls, seminar rooms and practical laboratories, developed and maintained as per the medical council.
- Admission procedure is simple and straight forward. Student selection to MBBS and BDS courses are made purely based on academic performance.
- Spacious class rooms, laboratories with state of the art facilities, well stocked libraries, hostel services with all amenities, sports and cultural etc
MBBS in is Irkutsk State Medical University regarded as internationally reputed medical program, approved by the Medical council of India. The quality of education offered by these universities is above par. This is also a major reason Indian students choose Russia to study MBBS.
Study language is English, which is comfortable for both national and international students. However, it is also essential for international students to learn local language to communicate with the patients.
International students are enrolled only based on merit.